Happy New Year!
This fall season has been one of the greatest growing experiences– taking on all shooting/teaching/mothering while my dear husband fully dedicated himself to his phd. Most wives have their husbands gone from 8-5 or later, but for me this was a BIG adjustment. Coordinating the kids around client meetings/shoots was like spinning 10 plates.
I have been overwhelmed with blessings of being busy with clients and students this fall: Shoots, album designs, client correspondence, bookkeeping, taxes, teaching classes, designing brand new classes and classroom media, print sales, website/blog management, marketing, weddings, consultations, packaging, archiving and file backup, equipment maintenance…. the list goes on and on. I do enjoy each small project, but I find that i was so busy taking care of the little details, i couldn’t conceptualize how to move my business forward. All my resources have been used up in small things.
I wish i had been more diligent sharing all my amazing experiences with you, but i will just have to resolve to do better next year.
My Favorite Quote of the year, encompasses all i feel:
I think the change happened when i listened to my heart and what i truly brings me greatest joys. Here are the monuments of my 2011.
- I am visual, and i never could find links i would email to myself. I can store fun ideas to do with my kids, quotes, and inspiring images. Follow me here.
- Focus Discovery: Custom Newborn Portraiture.
- i am just entranced by newborn images, and the poses… oh, it makes me so happy. And i feel so grateful to feel completely at home with newborn photography.
- my work will be featured in a doctors office here in Norman, OK…. I’m so grateful.
- I finally have a hobby again!
- I used to have so many hobbies when i was young: roller skating, reading, …. All i do is feed/care for kids and photography. It’s refreshing to have a different creative outlet: Learning to crochet for newborn props… headbands, etc. So fun!
- Sole Ownership of the biz.
- Already mentioned… with the hubby gone ALL day, and sometimes till 9pm, i had to find sitters for all my shoots/appts/editing. But i’ve found i’m a better mother by separating. When i’m with my kids I’m WITH them, physically and mentally. I’ve been blessed with 3 ladies especially who care soooo well for my babes. I could not do this without them.
- Truly happy when i serve.
- focusing on others, their needs, makes me so happy. Forget my worries/stresses and find ways to make family/friends/clients happy.
I procrastinated this post for a whole month… just overwhelmed at the thought of trying to choose favorites of 2011, or even one from every wedding and portait i’ve shot this year. THAT was quite a daunting task. So rather than not do anything because it’s not perfect, i just chose some recent images i’ve posted to facebook. In no particular order, and definitely not all-inclusive…. here are some images of people i’ve had the privilege of playing with this year.